Home | News & updates | About us & contacts | Sales & services (open) | Meetings and visits | Services (Members only) | Railways (General information) | About the Stephensons | To contact the society by email see links on Home/index page
Latest news & tweets
Meet the Society | latest website updates
IT updates, and in particular our social media posts, are likely to continue to be intermittent at times into the foreseeable future. This is due to a mix of personal circumstances, and prioritising other Society workload for which the SLS web-master apologises. (Section updated 10 March 2019)
Tweets by @stephenson_loco
Page last updated as below - Find us on Facebook and Linkedin | Follow us on Twitter @Stephenson_loco - latest SLS tweets and retweets below
News & Press Releases (Updated to 30 December 2019)
1) 30 Dec 2019 - Site updates have been held awaiting progress on recruiting a new webmaster. 2020's updates will be added shortly but will remain sporadic as the post remains vacant.
2) 30 Dec 2019 -The SLS Yahoo Group has been closed due to an across the board decison taken by Yahoo to cease operaring the service. Alternatives are being evaluated.
Due to circumstances entirely outside our control the Society's own library is currently closed pending relocation. A limited service remains available mostly surrounding access to photographs, with details given in the Society Newsletters or available from the Librarian. To email Gerry Nichols - Librarian
During this closure period alternative arrangements are in place with the RCTS. Full details of how to use the RCTS' Library (located at Leatherhead) as an SLS member, together with latest dates of opening, are contained within the latest SLS Newsletters. This link is to the RCTS Library webpage. Our grateful thanks are expressed to the RCTS for this reciprocal arrangement.
The SLS Newsletter will continue to include progress updates for the RCTS Library opening dates/times (together with information on our own new facility as and when, details can be released).
Forthcoming "Meet the Society" and extra events (Section updated 30 December 2019).
In addition to our regular series of Centre meetings we will also be at the following events and one-off meetings:-
Recent web-page updates (newest entries first) | Back to the page top
Latest Journal cover picture details
Front Cover image: As the Journal cover picture changes frequently caption details are not listed here. For details see the Journal page.
Next expected content updates
STICKY NOTICES -
1) Please DO NOT USE the contact details for our late General Secretary (Chris Jenkins) as included in archive copy Journals. Our current General Secretary is Ted Buckley - email details are here.
2) Library - information/update - The latest updates are on the Library page and in the Society Newsletter.
3) IT updates, and in particular our social media posts, are likely to continue to be intermittent at times into the foreseeable future. This is due to a mix of personal circumstances, and prioritising other Society workload for which the SLS web-master apologises. For further information on this issue Society members should note that content regarding, and explaining, the reason for this has been outlined on several occasions within the Newsletter.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
18 Jan - Update to the Perpetual Calendar abringing it up to date through to the end of May; other updating remains sporadic as set out on 30 December entry below.
30 Dec 2019 - (1) Site updates have been held awaiting progress on recruiting a new webmaster. 2020's updates will be added shortly but will remain sporadic as the post remains vacant.
(2) The SLS Yahoo Group has been closed due to an across the board decison taken by Yahoo to cease operaring the service. Alternatives are being evaluated.
18 Aug - Update to the events list above. Update to the Midlands Centre contact details (Change of address for the Centre contact).
23 Jul - Update to the Perpetual Calendar and the events list above, our Autumn/Winter season details are now complete through to end of December. The Centre details page also updated; the two, new, Central London venues are now listed. Obsolete venues map deleted.
Older entries now removed as obsolete.
Back to latest update | Back to page top
How to join
Apply by on-line form
Application form (Traditional postal submission)
About us / Contacts
SLS Photograph Collection (Open sales)
SLS Library (Membership service
SLS Resources (Free service)
Literary Awards page
The picture gallery (Opens new window/tab)
Links to other sites
Links to other railway sites (Off-site link)